Arrested a 66-year-old Chilean at Barcelona airport after discovering the cast on his broken leg was made of cocaine.

Spanish police said they arrested a 66-year-old Chilean at Barcelona airport after discovering the cast on his broken leg was made of cocaine.The man also had cocaine hidden in six beer cans that had been emptied, packed with drugs and resealed, and inside the legs of two small folding stools. Altogether, he was carrying about 11 pounds of the drug.The arrest was made on Wednesday as the man arrived from Santiago, Chile.The man’s leg was broken and investigators are looking into the possibility that he deliberately broke it in order to smuggle in the drug.Police spokesman Jose Antonio Nin said he knew of cases in which smugglers had concealed cocaine underneath casts but this was the first time officials had seen a cast made entirely of compressed cocaine. It weighed about 2.2 pounds.Police detected the drug by spraying the cast with a chemical that turns bright blue when it comes in contact with cocaine.The man was taken to hospital after the cast was removed.
Spain is a major European gateway for cocaine from Latin America and airport officials pay especially close attention to passengers on flights from Peru, Colombia and Chile.A UN report in 2008 revealed it had become the biggest consumer of cocaine in continental Europe, and is one of the world’s top users of the drug.

British couple were beaten unconscious by the robbers who took money and jewellery worth 200,000 €

British couple were beaten unconscious by the robbers who took money and jewellery worth 200,000 €.Two British tourists have been robbed in Benidorm of jewellery worth 200,000 €. According to the denuncia to the Benidorm police they were beaten up in a pub in the town and left unconscious before being robbed of cash and jewellery worth 200,000 €. National Police have arrested a Dominican man in connection with the attack after searching his home in the town where some of the jewellery was recovered, including a 250 diamond necklace set in white gold, and an 82 diamond princess cut diamond and white gold cross.20minutos.es reports police only found out about the theft two days after it occurred because no witnesses reported the attack at the time. Now witnesses say four of five people were involved.

Plane found to be carrying more than 1,000 kilos of hashish has been intercepted between Valdepeñas and Moral de Calatrava in Ciudad Real

Plane found to be carrying more than 1,000 kilos of hashish has been intercepted between Valdepeñas and Moral de Calatrava in Ciudad Real after a chase across the skies which started in Almería from where a customs helicopter had been shadowing the plane.Two Mexican pilots have been arrested and are now being held in Valdepeñas.
Police sources say the plane was intercepted on Monday night on a landing strip on a finca called ‘Las Agrupadas’.The Guardia Civil, National Police and Customs Authority are all involved in the investigation.

South American man has been arrested, accused of raping an 18-year-old girl on the hard shoulder of the Benalmadena-Malaga motorway

South American man has been arrested, accused of raping an 18-year-old girl on the hard shoulder of the Benalmadena-Malaga motorway. According to the victim, she and a friend were in Benalmadena Costa’s Plaza Solymar, and wanted to go to Fuengirola. They decided to hitch-hike and were offered a ride by the alleged rapist. After dropping off the first of the two women, he started to drive in the direction requested by the victim. But shortly afterwards, she noticed he had changed course on to the motorway in the direction of Malaga City. He allegedly pulled up on the hard shoulder, tied her up and blindfolded her, and proceeded to attempt to rape her. The victim says she put up a tremendous fight to resist him and he eventually gave up. However, instead of releasing her, he drove to a car park in Arroyo de la Miel, removed her blindfold and forced her to have sex with him. Following the alleged rape, the 31-year-old suspect drove to Fuengirola. As they arrived at the seafront, the victim managed to escape and ran off to get help. She found a Local Police patrol who took her to Las Lagunas Health Centre where she received medical attention.

Given the serious nature of the crime, the case was passed on to the National Police who later managed to trace the car and identify and arrest the suspect

Spate of robberies from chemist’s shops 20 people arrested

Police have arrested 20 people in Malaga, as part of ‘Operacion Reja’, on suspicion of carrying out a series of robberies. The police operation was launched last month after the province suffered a spate of robberies from chemist’s shops. Out of the 20 arrests, 11 were for aggravated burglarly with a firearm and nine for robbery using a lethal weapon. The last three arrests took place last week. The detainees are also suspected of having robbed a hairdressing salon.

Leónidas Vargas was the Colombian drug trafficker was assassinated five arrested


Police in Madrid have arrested five people allegedly linked to the Leónidas case. Leónidas Vargas was the Colombian drug trafficker who was assassinated in his hospital bed in Madrid on January 8.Vargas was considered to be one of the most importing 19 drug traffickers in the world, and those now arrested in connection with the killing are also Colombian and aged between 22 and 34. The alleged head of the gang is among those being held, and at the time of arrest had a loaded gun in his possession.Police searched several premises across the Spanish capital on Thursday night.

Paul Logan Donnelly one of two men arrested after a short siege with officers in a village outside Marbella.

Paul Logan Donnelly is at the centre of the investigation and is now reportedly facing attempted murder charges.Police in Spain named Donnelly as one of two men arrested after a short siege with officers in a village outside Marbella.It is reported the pair were apprehended by civil guards after one was spotted urinating in the street, before pulling out a gun which jammed, preventing it from firing.
The alleged gunman is named as “Paul B” but the second person has been identified as Donnelly, originally from Newcastle.It is alleged he fled the scene, having brandished a knife, which he went on to abandon as he ran off.Describing the incident, a Guardia Civil officer said: “It was around the leisure zone and there were three individuals who were walking through the street and one of them was urinating in the middle of the street.“They (the police) went to identify him and the first of those arrested threw his passport.“When the police approached him, he then took out a gun which he had hidden in his trousers, he loaded and shot at one of the policemen. They (the police) identified him and arrested him without firing any shots. They are now in custody awaiting trial.”The incident happened in Alhaurin el Grande, a hillside village around 30 miles from Marbella, on the Costa del Sol.
Police say they spotted one of the men urinating outside a video shop at 9pm on Monday. Paul B then reportedly threw a passport belonging to another ex-pat on the floor and took out the gun.It is said the 9mm weapon jammed when he pulled the trigger twice, meaning no officers were hurt in the incident.The officers then drew their own guns and talked the man round, before he was arrested.A British Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesman said: “The men were arrested for urinating in the street and possession of a gun.“A consular team is now working with the relevant authorities in Spain. The investigation is at a very early stage.”

Torrevieja explosives were reportedly found in a home belonging to a couple at the Los Locos beach in Torrevieja.

Four people, all Spanish, have been arrested in Torrevieja with 15-20 kilos of Goma 2 explosives. It’s thought the explosives were stolen before the Madrid Train Bombings in 2004 when control on the movement of such explosives was stepped up.Initial investigations indicate those arrested are not linked to any form of terrorist group.Some of the explosives were reportedly found in a home belonging to a couple at the Los Locos beach in Torrevieja.Información reports that the four arrested were being held separately ahead of interrogation.

Potasas, Body in the boot

National Police have found the body of a 70 year old man in the boot of a car parked on the forecourt of Potasas, a closed company at the entrance to Cartagena.The victim has not been identified but is said to be in his 70’s, and the body has been taken to the Forensic Science Institute for the autopsy.

Alharín el Grande 42 year old man from Bromley in Kent has been arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide

42 year old man from Bromley in Kent has been arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide following an incident in the street in Alharín el Grande.The man is accused of pulling out a gun and attempting to fire it, when he was stopped by the Guardia Civil for urinating in the street. The gun however jammed and no shot was fired.First analysis of the weapon shows it to be a semi automatic, but an unknown brand, and possibly with a 9mm caliber. Two other men, one British and one Irish, were with the accused at the time of the incident, 8pm on Tuesday in Calle Gerald Brenan, and ran off, only to be arrested later. A Guardia Civil spokesman said ‘The only reason at least one officer is not dead is because the British man's weapon jammed. All three men live in Spain. We are looking into their backgrounds’.
The three will appear in court shortly.

Costa crime gang arrested for assaulting more than 50 people’s homes on the Costa del Sol

Fourteen people have been arrested for assaulting more than 50 people’s homes on the Costa del Sol, Álava, La Rioja and Alicante while their owners were asleep.The Guardia Civil have named the operation ‘Canuni’, and say that those arrested are seven Albanian Kosovars, a Moroccan, four Romanians, a Serb-Croat and a Belgian.In the five searches carried out by the Guardia Civil, objects with more than 500,000 € were recovered, including a watch made from the steel from the Titanic, with an estimated value of 400,000 €.Investigations in the case started in March last year. The group was based in luxury urbanisations in Benalmádena, Torremolinos and Fuengirola, where they could often be seen in top restaurants and boutiques.

Benidorm drug traffickers lab found four arrests made.

Three Colombians and a Belgian have been arrested, all of them with previous records for drug or arms trafficking and violent theft.Police in Benidorm have broken up a group of drug traffickers who had their own laboratory in the town where they adulterated the drugs they sold with different chemical products.Three kilos of highly pure cocaine was recovered int he operation, together with a firearm and ammunition. Two of those arrested are brothers.

Ettore Facchinetti, 60, was detained in the town of Caldes de Montbuy near Barcelona


Ettore Facchinetti, 60, was detained in the town of Caldes de Montbuy near Barcelona, a police spokeswoman told AFP."He is accused of coordinating in Spain a network that smuggled cocaine to Italy," she said.Facchinetti, a suspected member of 'Ndrangheta, the Calabrian mafia, was sentenced to 15 years in jail in Italy for drugs trafficking and was the subject of a European arrest warrant.Since 2006 more than a dozen leaders of the Camorra and other Italian mafia groups have been arrested in Spain, the main entryway into Europe for cocaine from Latin America and hashish from North Africa.Last week Spanish police said they had detained a suspected leader of a Calabrian mafia, who was once a security guard for an Italian government minister, in the southern port of Marbella.Italian journalist Roberto Saviano, the author of Gomorra, a best-selling expose of the criminal underworld in Naples, has said several mafia clans have transferred what he termed "their most risky activities," such as drug-running, to Spain, particularly to Barcelona.
Speaking in Barcelona earlier in February, he said Camorra bosses refer to the Spain's Mediterranean coast as "Costa Nostra" or "our coast", alluding to the Sicilian mafia's "Cosa Nostra".

Sentence against Judge, Francisco Javier De Urquía, was two years in prison for accepting 73,800 € from Juan Antonio Roca

Sentence against Judge, Francisco Javier De Urquía, was two years in prison for accepting 73,800 € from Juan Antonio Roca, the man at the centre of the Malaya corruption case in Marbella, for the purchase of a property in the La Azalea urbanization.The judge was also banned from holding office for ten years by the Andalucian High Court in August 2008. The judge was also found guilty of accepting money from Roca to stop the broadcast of a local television programme about the corruption in the municipality.Now the decision of a review of the case by the Penal Hall of the Supreme Court is expected on Wednesday.

Abou Mossab Anadori arrested on the Costa del Sol

The man who is organising group of men or terror cell is known to the police as Abou Mossab Anadori .The small town of Torreforta was the scene of the arrest of a Moroccan man on the Costa del Sol.The Civil Guard made the arrest because the 21 year old was wanted in his own country because of allegedly planning terrorist attacks against tourists in North Africa .He was the subject of an international arrest warrent issued by the Attorney Generals Office in Morocco.After the arrest he was handed over to the National Court which made a decision to imprison him .More than 15 people with links to terrorist operations were arrested in the same operation .It appears that these people are attached to a radical group with a link here in Spain .He it appears proposes to carry out terrorist attacks here in Spain .

Heavy plant machinery stolen from the U.K. sold in Spain

Eight machines valued at 1.2 million € have been recovered in Málaga and Galicia, and reports indicate that the sales to third countries were used as a way of hiding shipments of drugs.police have broken up an organization which sold heavy plant machinery in Spain which had in fact been stolen from the U.K.Two people have been arrested, both of them in Marbella, named as E.C. from Argentina and Briton A.J.C., and another six are reportedly indicted in the case. The two arrested are accused to have changed the axel numbers of the vehicles concerned and offered them for sale though an opaque company. 25 kilos of hashish has also been recovered in the operation controlled by GRECO specialist police in Cádiz with help from agents in Marbella and A Coruña.EFE news agency reports that investigations started in 2007 into some British drug traffickers based in Marbella.

James “Pancake” Taylor was picked up by police

James “Pancake” Taylor was picked up by police trying to stop a violent
drugs war that has broken out on the Costa del Sol.NOTORIOUS Liverpool gangster was today behind bars in Spain after being arrested for attempted murder.James “Pancake” Taylor was picked up by police trying to stop a violent drugs war that has broken out on the Costa del Sol.The 29-year-old is also being investigated over claims he is the ringleader of a gang which has brought terror to the sunshine streets.
A leaked report to a Spanish judge over a spate of shootings says the gang is a “worldwide organisation that is dedicated mainly to drug trafficking, targeted assassinations and has a hierarchical structure among the members, almost all of whom originate in Liverpool and Man-chester”.Taylor was arrested over the shooting of a Brit after a nightclub brawl last August.

National Police have arrested one of the bosses of the Calabrese Mafia in Marbella.

National Police have arrested one of the bosses of the Calabrese Mafia in Marbella.
48 year old Giususeppe U. was a policeman himself in Italy and even acted as a bodyguard to a minster there for a time.He was arrested on a European warrant for large-scale hashish trafficking from Morocco, and is wanted in connection with the killing of Salvatore Nigro in Rome in 1997.He was also wanted here in Spain in connection with the killing of a Spaniard in Almería in 2003.He is to go before instruction court 5 in the National Court who are expected to extradite him.

Ian Donaldson wanted in Spain for drug smuggling has been arrested in Scotland.

Ian Donaldson wanted in Spain for drug smuggling has been arrested in Scotland.
Ian Donaldson, 29, was snared by Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency officers on Friday afternoon. They swooped using an international arrest warrant issued by a judge in Madrid. Now Donaldson, of Renton, Dunbartonshire, faces extradition to Spain where he is expected to face money laundering and drug trafficking charges. The arrest is part of Operation Sendero - a long-running investigation spearheaded by Spanish police. Fellow suspects Ronald O'Dea, 4 2, and Jim McDonald, 59, both of Glasgow, are already in custody in Madrid. They were arrested following the seizure of 70 kilos of amphetamines from a lorry in Oxfordshire heading for Scotland. Spanish police have already seized assets worth £12million on the holiday island of Tenerife. The haul includes eight luxury homes, a fleet of sports cars and a yacht which were all owned by Donaldson. One of his properties is a £1million cliff-top villa. Donaldson will appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court tomorrow. A decision will be taken whether to keep him in custody in Scotland, transfer him to Spain immediately, or grant him bail. Last month we revealed Donaldson had been spotted enjoying a night out with pals in a Glasgow nightclub despite being a wanted man. The SCDEA said: "A 29-year-old man was arrested following the execution of an arrest warrant which had been issued in Spain." Donaldson is a struggling amateur racing driver whose team compete in an orange Lamborghini.

British tourist could lose the sight of his left eye after he intervened to defend a woman who was being bothered by two men in a Marbella bar.

A British tourist could lose the sight of his left eye after he intervened to defend a woman who was being bothered by two men in a Marbella bar.man stepped in to defend a woman who was being bothered by two men 'with Liverpool accents'The 53 year old businessman, who has not been named in reports, was attacked last Monday and has been admitted to the Civil Hospital in Málaga, after earlier treatment in the Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella. He told police that the two men bothering the woman had a Liverpool accent and were very aggressive. He decided to help her, but was knocked unconscious. Diario Sur reports that the woman told police that after the man had fallen to the ground the two others continued to kick his head.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...